Spend some time, Stalk my life!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Presentation Madness

Lately been really busy with the presentation stuff. Here are some of my problems:
1. Stiff - Needs more body language
2. Pauses
3. Choices of words
4. Slang and tone

Stiff and tone can be worked on quite easily, as I have experiences on doing public speaking, just that not doing it for years. (I was quite active in this field during primary school)

But ar...pauses and choices of words ARE problems! I am a typical chinese type ppl and I think in Chinese. Direct translation could be fine, PROVIDED I didn't meet any hard-to-translate words. Pauses are mostly due to me thinking for another substitution for the word as I cannot directly translate the word from Chinese to English. Choices of words AGAIN - English problem! In a hurry I always uses the same word, although I know the synonym of the word, but it's like, this word is most commonly used in daily lives, so it just came out automatically. Like, "after a long time", that's what we usually says, but not "after a long period". I can do this in essays because there IS time to think and change, but you know...PRESENTATION! No time for hestitation!

Anyways, I think I've found the reason I wasn't blogging for this month - Exams + Busy = Tired = No mood

No comments:

Post a Comment