Spend some time, Stalk my life!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Label


Nah, not this label.



I mean human label



Well...more or less like that.

If you steal, people label you as a thief.

If you score high, people label you as an encyclopedia.




There is nothing wrong being labelled as an encyclopedia. In fact, the person being labelled must feel proud. People seek help from you, and as you answer their questions and clear their doubts, you feel satisfied seeing a smile and hearing an "OH OK OK! I GOT IT!" from them.

but, But, BUT!

Rather being an encyclopedia, I think people would prefer to be labelled as "friend" instead of "encyclopedia". Helping people gives satisfactory. But it annoys you when people just treat you as an encyclopedia. We only thought of our encyclopedia when we need it. Since when do we care about stuffs like "Oh, is my encyclopedia being covered by dust now? *goes and checks*", or "Eh, is a lizard shitting on my encyclopedia? *goes and checks again*" Nah, we don't. I mean, an encyclopedia is a dead thing, and who will ever CARE about the feeling of an object?


But sadly, humans are not objects. They live. So now, imagine you being treated as an encyclopedia. Your friends only approach you when they need you, and perhaps ignore your existence when you are not needed. That's so "ouch". I believe no one will prefer to be treated like an encyclopedia, ever.


On a side note, this theory applies to relationship too. A relationship should be a two way thing. You should care about your friends like how they care about you, you should be willing to help your friends like how they are willing to lend a helping hand to you, and you should share their pain like how they share yours. Unless you are thick-faced and cold hearted enough to be a leech to someone who treasures you as a friend.

I don't get why some people are thick faced enough to only know how to borrow your project when they need something to refer to.

I don't get how people request to be your partner in a group project and expect you to do every single work simply because you score better.

I also don't get why would someone be mad at you simply due to request to do any of the things listed above being rejected because you look down upon this kind of leech.




I wouldn't want to continue a relationship if it is a one way thing. Incapability keeps my distance. If I cannot share your pain, I wouldn't want to burden you with my pain.


PS: Correct me if there are fragments, run-ons, comma splices, inparallel structures. Advanced English kills. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment