Spend some time, Stalk my life!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Racial Discrimination???

Today my lecturer gave a speech that really hits me, well not his/her *To avoid mentioning gender, I will use all he/his* speech that was great, but his speech makes me think.

Why can't different races live together in harmony? He gave an example: Let's say you are staying in hostel, and your Malay roommates brought friends in and play until late night, and the next day they had to pray early in the morning, so both these actions disturbed your sleep. hence he conclude, not everyone can stay together with other races, because of the culture difference. To me, this is a very lousy example.

Fact #1, playing with friends till midnight and disturbing the others...is it really what ONLY MALAYS do? I mean, its what UNCIVILISED people do. If your roommate, happened to be Chinese, and uncivilised Chinese, are you sure that they won't disturb you? I doubt that. If the roommates are inconsiderate, who cares what races are they? They will just disturb you like nobody's business.

And he mentioned that not everyone is willing to colaborate, and because the older generations dislike mixing with other races. Yes, he mentioned, older generations. Being youngster, I totally don't mind mixing with other races. I only mind mixing with UNCIVILISED people. Again, I mentioned, uncivilised, or shallow you can call it. Do we not mix with Malays or Indians because they are different from us? My answer is no. I do mix with Malay and Indian friends, I don't reject them at first sight because they are different. I only reject them, IF after knowing them, they are shallow or uncivilised. that's the same for Chinese. I am willing to know them, but if they are childish, shallow, what's the point of mixing with them? Get my point?

And then, my lecturer said that British was one of the main cause that Malaysians are not united, because of the pengasingan ekonomi. Is that really the main problem? Even if we are opened to each other last time, how do you know that they will colaborate? Like now, we are staying together, why don't different races mix well together? Because they are not open enough. They just don't like people who are different from them, mainly, the older generations. So, who said that British memecahbelahkan Malaysians? If they allow different races to mix, at that time, with that mind set, who knows there might even have a racial war?

Now why does everyone keep thinking that Malays are lazy, Chinese are greedy, Indians are stupid etc? It's what the OLDER GENERATIONS told us. It is very unfair to categorize different races like these without truly knowing them. Of course, I have no rights to talk about these as I do not TRULY understand other races, but I feel the need to comment! We are new generations, we should have our own idea and opinions. Do we have to follow exactly what the older generations taught us blindly without judging the real things ourselves?

The idea might be a very general conclusion from what older generations think. From the news, we can always read about bribery. And being the largest race in Malaysia, most politicians are Malays. But sadly, politician misused our trust and their rights and caused corruption. Hence, what we usually read is (some XXX malays) bribe again blah blah blah. But have you ever think, just counting the ratio of Malays to Chinese and Indian politician, the ratio is much higher? With the higher ratio, wouldn't it mean that there's a higher posibility that the corrupted politician is a Malay? So why do people conclude that Malays are corrupted? It's just their own mindset without further thinking! I do not think so. Who says there's no corrupted Chinese or Indians politician? Look at Taiwan, Ah Bian, so famous. Is he a Malay? No. He is a shame of Chinese.

Perhaps Malaysian Study is not useless afterall, it does makes me think. And hereby I conclude that, DO NOT discriminate other races. By doing so, it just shows that you are another shallow person. If you dislike someone, dislike THAT someone, but don't dislike everyone who just look like them. Like how we usually say, doesn't mean that the father is a robber the son cannot be a police. Thank you.

*What stated above are merely my own opinions. You don't have to agree with what I said*

No comments:

Post a Comment