Spend some time, Stalk my life!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Review

Finally YE is over. Kinda.......miss everything. Some ppl requested for a farewell speech on the bus. But since everyone was tired, I don't really want to give an old-grandmother speech.

It was really a long year. I only remember putting all the efford in running the company. Let's start from March, when we first organized the company.

6th of March. The very first meeting, we elected all the BoD and found a name for our company. Well maybe not all BoD la. Like myself, the top posts people are selected by Pn. Phang. I feel kinda, sorry just taking the post without even going through a voting session. I hope I did well the whole year. That moment really feel like, give my 101% cause...it's unfair for all people who wanted to take the post, so I can only do my best...to like...err...how should I say...repair the unfairness?

Then coming up is product presentation and meetings. I remember at first we have meeting every week for a month I think. And I always remember that time I was really hot-tempered and meetings are always......not fun....I know...sorry. Then Pn. Phang forced us to do production and stop meeting. At first really not happy with her attitude, but yea, I guess without her "forcing" us, we won't start any production until CitiBank sales is over right? I remember we had productions on Saturdays only at first. Thursdays were all for meetings. Until like early April I think.

Then CitiBank sales. After the sales I was eager to hold a reflection meeting, and to share what we (Me Jin Jul) learnt during workshop about teamwork. But, yea...PP just forced us to continue production for Teachers' Day sale. (This I really not agree with her lo, reflection is really important one ma) So we had a reflection meeting without letting her know the next week. lol. But the meeting ended up debating with Zean Shiung I guess, about the roots of problem, IF I remember clearly. Teachers' Day sale failed, cause' Pn Phang din ask permission earlier, last minute decide last minute want to ask Pn. Kok approve. So it failed.

Well, seeing that activities getting poorer attendance, I started to reflect maybe I was wrong on managing people. That time was May, we had exam around that period, until middle June. May, 2 months after forming the company, it might seem to be a short time, but for us, it's a long period. Because of my poor leadership at that moment, we wasted the best chance to gain most profit through CitiBank sales. I bought a book - 360 degree leader. And I really, really learnt a lot from the book.

After the exam, June, we can't make it for Father's day sales again. So have to put all efford for Sunway sales. I think that time things went better. Guess the book helped then. Selecting Class Reps, put more trust on people, I can really see a lot of development on many people. Michelle, Su Lynn, Rou Ann, Xin Yi, these are the most notable changes. =p More active than before, and especially Michelle, became more confident. I think Zean Shiung changed too. Not so much to argue with him after that oso. lol. But now think about it, how can so many people change at the samet time? Or maybe I am the only one who changed? You tell me. haha

Then Sunway sales, and ended. Finding we only earned like 2k, not even half of last year, I was really desperate to gain more. Then the school sales came in. But still, we earned only 2600. And luckily the copyright thing saved us, all of the sudden gain 3800.

After liquidation is the busy period for a few people, others mostly busy studying d. Reports. Most tired one should be Chris and Xin Yi. Main composer of Annual Report and Best Product Report. Especially Chris. 30 pages, and checked all grammar for both reports. Okla, I am not such a bad MD ok? I helped Chris on Annual Report by giving the content and she edit the grammar, and I did the formating, font size, pages, and put in the photos and stuff. =p I am a helpful MD too. =D

Coming up is exam. I was busy until the week before exam. I barely passed my sciences and history. Sigh. (For without this 4 subjects I have 81 purata, and adding them gives me 72.64, about 8..5 marks of purata difference man) Then it was interview. Just when we thought we lost, we were actually told to do the presentation, and then busy for it, till what you see on yesterday, the Annual Achievers' Showcase.

I really, really learnt a lot throughout the whole year.

Tolerance (Especially needed when dealing with PP). Without it, meetings will be totally unbearable. You guys experienced that for the first few meetings. xD.

Trust. Without trusting your subordinates, no one will give their best, because everyone will think that I am not significant and will do what is asked. Let the others show their potential. And miracles happen, because everyone has their own special ideas. Trust them, you make them feel important, and they build their self confidence. This is especially seen in Michelle. Comparing the active and creative Michelle in YE with the lazy and "chin chai" Michelle in Prefects, sometimes I wonder if they are the same person.

Leadership by Example. Well, I knew this the day I became a prefect. But I really need to emphasize this to all leaders. Only this, people respect you as a true leader. Friendly, Hardworking, Respecting, they are not the main dish in making you a succesful leader. Only going through everything with your subordinates, they can feel your heart and will work willingly for you. Being friendly, they treat you as a friend, but not their leader. If you want them to work for you, sometimes they refuse because "there is always place for negotiate for friends", hardworking, they respect you as a hardworking person, but not their leader, and will always drop everything for you to do. Respect, they respect you in return, but as what? friends, buddies, leaders. They varies from person to person. Or course, I am not saying that they are not important. But I PERSONALLY feel, setting a good example makes them totally respect you as a leader, because you gone through what they have gone through, only this you can tell them "I understand your feelings"

I guess that marks the end of my life as the Managing Director of C-Nergy. It was really memorable. I have gone through the harsh time, the fun time, the exciting moment, the down period, and also, the glory. It really makes me feel proud for able to make C-Nergy the Best Company among other 15 schools this year, and broke the records of our seniors. But all C-Nergy peeps, remember, we are not that good as others might think, for without the 3800 from copyright, we are nothing. Copyright brought us Best Product Award, shine the name of the company, and highlighted the performance of all of us. Always remember, we are not better than our seniors, even though we broke their record, we are only LUCKIER than them.

So long!

"As individuals, we might not be that significnat; but as a team, we are C-NERGY!"
-C-Nergy Enterprise, company of Catholic High School 2008-

No comments:

Post a Comment