Spend some time, Stalk my life!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Transparency

I think transparency in an organisation is so damn important, cause this allows the follower to be clear and always on the same page with the leaders, as they know the current status and happening of the organisation.

It's like when we talk about transparency, everyone will raise both their hands and both their legs and agree with it, but then nobody cares a damn about it.

Let's say I make you the organising committee of a singing competition, and I elected a head and an asistant to report things to me. We agreed transparency. But I always do things with only the head and the assistant. All you have to do is think something for me and that's the end of your job. Do you seriously think I am making you the organising committee or making you as a free labour? You know nothing about the competition flow or how it is going to be, and yet you are called organising committee.

And now let's say I expect you to help me to handle a staff who has some problem trying to crictisize our company's hierarchy. You as the Human Resource Director helped me and gave me solutions. I took your suggestion and deal with the staff myself. Now you are not updated of what is done and what is not, what action is taken and what not, now I just come back to you asking you to help me again. That's like...so confusing you right? You don't know a heck of what's happening weih. No sense of respect to you right? You Human Resource Director should be the one dealing with your thing, I took your thing to do nvm, but didn't even update you bout the progress of your work, so not respecting you right? Even though I am your head I should have at least inform you, cause' it's part of your job scope ma.

Above are just some situations where transparency failed in an organisation. Sometimes that just makes the followers don't know what to do to help, and at the end became the working machine. You kick me, I move. I can no longer initiate anything for you, cause I no longer know where is the progress. Keeping everyone in an organisation in the same page is just important to hold the organisation united.

How transparent is your organisation's system?

No comments:

Post a Comment