Spend some time, Stalk my life!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Of Pride and Ego

I just recently noticed that many of my friends have became president in their respective societies. Here are the ppl I know who got their posts so far:

Si Jun: PMO
Chang Meng: LM
Yan Jang: QM
Jenn Hwan: PBC

Of the 4 listed above, 3 were ex-yoke nam students, on one hand I feel proud that my primary school manage to create so many elite leaders. As you see CHS is not an ordinary school, getting a post in CHS means a lot, not to say make it to the top. On the other hand, I feel rather...ashamed? or whatever you call it. I used to be the school KP, and now I feel timid when comparing to them. I know things couldn't be compared, but still, human has their sense of pride and ego.

Now that I think, maybe Prefects' Board has more elites thats why I couldn't make it to the top. x) Anyway the KP in the past wasn't chosen by democrasy. The teacher just chose me. Maybe there are ppl better but they didn't get it because they weren't the nephew of the school's teacher. x] I think that's the reason I got the KP when I was in primary school.

Getting the top pose or not, it doesn't matter. I always believe, leading is part of a learning process. To be at the top, you learn more than the others because you have a wider perspective of seeing things. At least I get a post that I targeted the 3rd. xD (PKP-->Bendahari-->KD)

Now think about it, I only manage to be at the top when there is no democrasy running. For KP in the past, and for YE's MD. I guess I understand my weakness, I lack sociallizing. But I always think that is my strong point, because I think I am just and strict about every particular that makes people dislike it. It sorta ruined my social relationship, but at the same time it disciplines me. But I always believe you can get friends anywhere, as long as you are the TRUE you. I might not have MANY friends, but the friends I have are TRUE friends that like me because I am myself.

I wouldn't agree to change myself to be more adaptable, because I do not like to be very open to people who I don't know, even if it is just faking a smile and pretend to be friendly. Because they are FAKE and PRETENDING, and that is not me.




I like who I am.



Extending List of Pres:
Mun Keat: Kebudayaan
Jia Er: UBK

No comments:

Post a Comment