Spend some time, Stalk my life!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Leadership

I read the book again. "360 Degree Leader" written by John C Maxwell. This guy is famous of writing books regarding leadership. Try reading his book, you will discover wonders.

July will be a month full of "emoish" post. I dun wanna cram everything in one post on the day I retire, that day will be reserve for my "retire feeling" xD

Overall, the journey is coming to an end. It's a long process, and I always take it as a learning process. I rmb I used to be very narrow, and getting a post to me is...to get it so that I can do something, so that I can have a say in the organization. I wanted to show people that I can do something.

Like I said, joining YE last year was a whole new learning experience. I learned to see things in a different view. Getting a post, is not just serving, but is learning.

You learn to communicate with people,
learn to make decisions,
learn to work as a team,
learn to solve conflicts.



Being a leader, is not just running an organization that simple.

Being leader, you need to love the organization you lead, and to put it before anything.
Being leader, you drive out the best of EVERYONE in your organization, not just your potential.
Being leader, you let your subordinates shine more than yourself.
Being leader, you are the centre, the symbol, the image, and that you have to set a good example.
Being leader, you work together with your subordinates, not just sitting and giving commands for them to carry out.
Being leader, your decision affects the whole organization, and that you never make critical decisions alone.
And being leader, you learn.

You learn to accept,
accept others' capability, even if they are better than you.
accept failure, because you learn more when you fail.
accept opinions, because no man is an island.
accept difference, because you cannot expect everyone to think and act the same like you.


I still have way too much to learn.



"You learn the most being in the middle of the organization, but yet it is also the toughest to cope with" That's what I conclude from his book.

The head of the organization, you only worries about what happens to your organization and your subordinates' feeling.

The base of the organization, you only work for your salary and wait for orders.

The middle of the organization, you think for your subordinates, and you have to care bout your boss' feeling as well. You work for your salary, but yet you have your responsibility towards the organization. You need to know your "upper boundary" and "lower boundary"



And I have to agree, being in the middle is really the toughest.
Being the MD, I dun have to fear about "over-righting", being the KD, this is the toughest issue.
Being MD, I fight for the rights of the achivers, being KD, I fought for the others, but I angered the tops.
It's not that simple. I thought MD is the worst job in my high school life, seems like I was wrong.




Leadership is way too wide, and you can never learn everything. Keep learning, and never think that you are the best. Once you think you are great, fabulous, awesome, you fail. I thought I was great, and working with the Disciplinary team, I aint that awesome. We are all equal, or perhaps, the others are even better than me. (Maybe we shouldn't have Penolong KD at all, we should have 2 KD (L) and 2 KD (P) )

No comments:

Post a Comment